Barre is a full body workout that fuses elements of ballet, pilates, sports conditioning and stretching for a unique and fun experience. The moves are low impact but high intensity and are followed immediately by deep stretching. Classes begin with a warm up focusing on postural strength and alignment, followed by a series of upper body exercises using light weights. The ballet barre is used to sculpt the lower body and abs. This class will evenly sculpt and quickly transform the entire body, resulting in a toned, trim physique.
LEVEL 1 - Basics
- This class places focus on the proper execution of postures (asanas), breathing (pranayama), and principles essential to a strong yoga practice. Level 1 - Basics is designed to provide a strong foundation and is appropriate for brand new students or experienced students wishing to strengthen the foundation of their practice.
Level 1- Yoga at Lunch
-This class is perfect if you're looking to re-energize mid-day or mid-week. Class is 50-minutes so you can get back to work in plenty of time and continue your day with more energy and balance. Strong emphasis on basic postures and flexibility. The pace or flow of this class will vary based on the students. Beginners welcome! Class is 50 minutes and begins May 7th.
- Experience a class full of restful postures that will relax the body and still the mind. Gentle stretching and melting into bolsters, blocks, blankets, and other props will help you find inner peace and a place of deep relaxation. Class is 1 hour and begins May 5th.
ALL LEVELS - Hatha/Vinyasa led yoga class. These classes are open to a wide range of practitioners, aimed towards a moderately vigorous level with modifications given for both beginning and more advanced students. The class structure will vary based on the instructor.
- A more challenging and vigorous led class, focusing equally on strength and flexibility incorporating traditional yoga postures, inversions, and some dynamic movement. Some yoga experience recommended or general good health and fitness. Not suitable for brand new beginners or those with moderate to extreme health challenges.
- A heated, challenging and invigorating form of Yoga. Beginning with sun salutations and leading into a sequence of postures that flow into one another through breath, building strength and flexibility, unwinding tight joints and loosening muscles. A complete mind and body workout that develops concentration and reduces stress while toning your entire body. Should have some yoga experience or in good aerobic condition for this class. HEATED to 90 degrees.
-This is a vigorous vinyasa-style yoga practice scaled down to meet your busy schedule. Strong emphasis on strength and flexibility, class flows from one pose to the next for an amazing work out and detox. Bring water and a towel! Class is 45 minutes beginning on May 6th.
Community Yoga Class
- Studio A offers Vinyasa Style Yoga and classes are suitable for all levels, from the experienced yogi to the beginner! This is a pay-what-you-want yoga class. Our suggested donation is a sliding scale of $5-$10 per class, though we won't turn anyone away for a lack of funds. We thank you for supporting our intention to offer yoga classes to our community.
Studio A Workshops:
Let Go and Flow Yoga Workshop with Erin - January 25, 2-4PM
Rejuvenate the flow of energy as you enjoy flowing with your breath in warming, vinyasa sequences that prepares the body and mind for deep relaxation in supported, passive postures. During this workshop you will cultivate self-awareness as you awaken the breath, create strength, and achieve balance with dynamic vinyasa yoga sequences. Wind down with guided meditation and blissful restorative yoga to melt layers of stress, soothe the nervous system, clear the mind, and lift the spirit. 2hrs/$25
Restore and Align Yoga Workshop - March 1, 2-4PM
Movements in our daily lives happen mechanically, without any awareness. For this reason we are vulnerable to unconscious stress in our bodies. This gentle workshop will help you identify limitations in your mind and body and help to release obstructions in your movement. As you create alignment in the spine and mobility in different parts of the body you learn to practice with a dynamic but relaxed balance. Observing this process without re-acting is the meditative part of restorative alignment. Preregistration is required for this workshop. 2hrs/ $25
Raw Foods and Yoga Workshop - May 3, 2-4PM
Find out more about the benefits of incorporating more raw / uncooked food into your diet, in a tasty inspiring way. Combine this with a lovely yoga class designed to focus on key postures and practices for your well-being and happiness. This workshop is open to all, you do not have to be experienced in yoga or know about raw food. A tasting will be provided $40/2hrs
Mom and Me Yoga Classes - Mondays in June
Partner with your toddler in simple animated poses, games, music and breathing exercises that help to strengthen coordination and build body awareness. We'll bark in downward dog, hiss in cobra pose and flutter our wings in butterfly. This fun class provides key bonding methods between parent and child, while strengthening their growing muscles. Class is 45 minutes. $40/4 weeks
Class structure and postures will vary depending on the instructor. Bring a towel and a bottle of water!
Information for new students:
- Brand new students should sign a release form directly with the Alluvian Spa prior to taking classes at Studio A.
- All payments are handled directly through the Alluvian Spa at the front desk.
- Attire: comfortable, loose fitting clothing may be worn and bare feet.
- Please no street shoes inside practice space.
- Mats and water are provided; though it is encouraged you bring your own.
- Please enter studio quietly and respectfully as another class may be in session.