Barre is a full body workout that fuses elements of ballet, pilates, sports conditioning and stretching for a unique and fun experience. The moves are low impact but high intensity and are followed immediately by deep stretching. Classes begin with a warm up focusing on postural strength and alignment, followed by a series of upper body exercises using light weights. The ballet barre is used to sculpt the lower body and abs. This class will evenly sculpt and quickly transform the entire body, resulting in a toned, trim physique.
LEVEL 1 - Basics
- This class places focus on the proper execution of postures (asanas), breathing (pranayama), and principles essential to a strong yoga practice. Level 1 - Basics is designed to provide a strong foundation and is appropriate for brand new students or experienced students wishing to strengthen the foundation of their practice.
- A more challenging and vigorous led class, focusing equally on strength and flexibility incorporating traditional yoga postures, inversions, and some dynamic movement. Some yoga experience recommended or general good health and fitness. Not suitable for brand new beginners or those with moderate to extreme health challenges.
-This is a vigorous vinyasa-style yoga practice scaled down to meet your busy schedule. Strong emphasis on strength and flexibility, class flows from one pose to the next for an amazing work out and detox. Bring water and a towel! Class is 45 minutes beginning on May 6th.
Community Yoga Class
- Studio A offers Vinyasa Style Yoga and classes are suitable for all levels, from the experienced yogi to the beginner! This is a pay-what-you-want yoga class. Our suggested donation is a sliding scale of $5-$10 per class, though we won't turn anyone away for a lack of funds. We thank you for supporting our intention to offer yoga classes to our community.
- This class is nurturing and calming and includes breathing, gentle flowing movements, passive and supported poses. This is a perfect yoga class for beginners that is appropriate for those working with an injury, limited mobility, or those who prefer a softer, gentler approach to yoga.
Class structure and postures will vary depending on the instructor. Bring a towel and a bottle of water!
Information for new students:
- Brand new students should sign a release form directly with the Alluvian Spa prior to taking classes at Studio A.
- All payments are handled directly through the Alluvian Spa at the front desk.
- Attire: comfortable, loose fitting clothing may be worn and bare feet.
- Please no street shoes inside practice space.
- Mats and water are provided; though it is encouraged you bring your own.
- Please enter studio quietly and respectfully as another class may be in session.