Our yoga and wellness workshops are designed to help you deepen your understanding of yoga and complementary practices. Throughout the year we offer sessions for all levels of experience. Please ask us if you have any questions about content.
Blocks, Straps and Chairs-Oh My!
Saturday, April 22nd, 10am - 12pm
Discover how practicing with props can create more space, ease, and peace in the body and mind as you learn fresh ways to work with blocks, straps, chairs, and more. Learn useful and innovative ways to use familiar yoga props in both familiar and unfamiliar poses. We will modify poses for injuries, flexibility issues or physical boundaries making your yoga practice accessible daily to your needs. This 2-hour workshop is geared toward students who are curious about different ways to explore their practice and teachers looking for fresh ways to approach asana.
Lee Sturdivant Carby RYT-200, is originally from Greenwood, but now lives in Natchez where she teaches and owns Satya Yoga Wellness Center. Lee creates a playful and upbeat environment that is full of love, laughter, joy and strength. By allowing her students to let go of comparisons and self-judgment she encourages them to discover that the world is full of possibilities within their own practice and within their daily lives. Lee believes yoga can be for every "body" and wants everyone to experience it and love it as much as she does! You can follow her journey on Instagram as @SouthernBelleYogi
Information for new students:
- Brand new students should sign a release form directly with the Alluvian Spa prior to taking classes at Studio A.
- All payments are handled directly through the Alluvian Spa at the front desk.
- Attire: comfortable, loose fitting clothing may be worn and bare feet.
- Please no street shoes inside practice space.
- Mats and water are provided; though it is encouraged you bring your own.
- Please enter studio quietly and respectfully as another class may be in session.